[DML] Shift Plate Question

Michael,
I have a few questions on your shift plate.
If you copy it from your car won't it onlyfit your shift pattern? Doesn't the shift linkage have an adjustment that can very from car to car, just enough not to have full engagement in each gear.

I looked at my cars shift pattern and whenits in 1st 3rd and 5th gear its very close to the top of the existing plate that is under the leather boot. If there was a shift gate, there wouldn't be enough material left to make the grooves. Or what I'm saying is, it would be very uneven looking from top to bottom. This is just my car mind you.

And also I've had that shift boot cover off before and have driven my car and I get alot more road noise having that area open.
Won't you be able to hear the same road noise thru the shift gate or be able to see the shifter mechanisms thru the shift gate?
If the shifter is coated or not wouldyou be able to guarantee that the shifter wouldn't scrape against the shift gate in any position?
Maybe DMC Joe can answer these questions.

Don't get me wrong I think its a cool dealI thought about doing this to my D a few months ago. But it just looks like it would be more of a headache than its worth.

Regards
Mike Vin#1113