[DML] Re: Results of Daily Driver Cost Poll

[DML] Re: Results of Daily Driver Cost Poll

My view on this has always been, and will continue to be, an INVESTMENT in the car, and not just spending money...

My point is that if a person only think of money spent on his/her DeLorean as a "waste of money", then that person should consider not owning one...

Moral: Take excellent care of your DeLorean! It is one of approx. 10,000 produced.

It's a rare car that deserves a nice owner (No, I'm not kissing it goodnight *L*)and an understanding owner who realizes the car's potential worth in the future. In other words - a caring owner.

For instance....on my DeLorean right now I'm in the process of installing new stainless steel screws, nuts and bolts on the places where one from the outside could clearly see the old and rusted screws, nuts and bolts.
I guess one would call that "appearance costs". Well, I call it "appearance investment". I want it to be perfect.

Of course, this isn't necessary to do on the car and someone may say that it's a waste of money. I disagree. It's an investment in the car making it making it more attractive to other enthusiasts who may consider getting a DeLorean themselves. Also, the value of the car will at least be kept on today's level or even better - increase.

But first and foremost I want everyone to know that I didn't get my DeLorean as an investment for the future. I got it because I simply just love everything about it. I'm driving it the whole spring/summer/fall and store it in the winter. I will never sell it. Never! As a matter of fact, my second car will probably also be a DeLorean :) But only a 5-speed, never an automatic! (Personal choice!)

Best wishes
Stian Birkeland
NORWAY

From: Carson Clark <cnsandog@xxxx>

But i had to spend over $1k on it after i bought it....
now it might be such a good car that it will go for
another 2 years before i spend any more money on it....

VIN 16367