[DML] Restoring a DeLorean

Does anyone here think it would be a good idea to buy a DeLorean for around
9,000 and then restoring it? the Interior and Exterior are in good
condition, and there is no rot or rust on the underside. The brakes and
transmission will probably have to be replaced, but the engine does run well
( most of the hoses will have to be replaced, but the fuel system has not
been contaminated). Cosmetically the car is in great condition.
Mechanically, it's in so-so condition. Since most of you have had to deal
with Deloreans for many years now, do you think it will just end up a money
pit?

By the way, the personal emails i received about what kind of things to look
for in a used Delorean have helped me SOOOOOOOO much, i really appreciate
all the help guys!!! THANX MUCH!!!!

-Michael