[DML] Re: Carpet Replacement ?

At 01:21 PM 11/22/99 -0600, you wrote:
>DMC Joe wrote:
>
>>If the factory contours are not duplicated the
>installation will look pretty shabby; wouldn't it ?<
>
>Not at all Joe. Molded carpets are made to be installed
>quickly with a minimum of hand fitting - just what you want
>for an assembly line. Carpeting that is not molded can be
>made to fit at least as well and often better. The key is to
>use spray adhesive to tack the carpeting in place around
>contours.
>
>Michael A. Griese
Mike,

This is also true of the head liners, and seats, factory original is great
but carful hand installation is as good or better than some of the 18 year
old original items.

It seams that these days of can't wait for the glue to dry world, many have
forgotten just how good hand work can be. I found this to be true when I
got the rub Shields for the arm rest extensions. I got the right size, but
because the original factory installation was so sloppy the caps just would
not fit. I had to use a heat gun and a lot of pushing and squeezing to
reshape them so the would fit.

Lee

support@xxxx

NOTICE TO BULK EMAILER: Pursuant to US Code, Title 47, Chapter 5,
Subchapter II, 227, any and all unsolicited commercial e-mail sent
to this address is subject to a download and archival fee in the
amount of $500 US.
E-Mailing denotes acceptance of these terms.