[DML] Re: Carpet Replacement ?

Someone asked about carpet colors, and the subject of replacements and
costs came up.

Al VINs up to 10578 had carpets like this:

Black seats, dark grey carpets.
Grey seats, light grey carpets.

>From 10579, the switched to a different type of carpet, less "fuzzy" and
all the same shade of a light grey. Theoretically, this was done to lighten
the interiors of the black interior cars.

Every black interior car after 10579 that I have seen has the small strip
of carpet down at the bottom of the door panel with grey vinyl trim, not
blacklike the rest of the door. The door sills may be the same way.

Anyone who has been to the warehouse in Ohio knows that there are a TON of
carpets available. Unfortunately, there is still no accurate inventory of
which carpets we have, and which ones (if any) we don't. Generally
speaking, the passenger side door sill carpets are damaged the most, most
often due to a battery leak, and are the hardest to find.

In the not so distant future, we will have a handle on the carpet
situation, and begin to offer a discounted carpet kit, just like we offer
kits for weatherstripping, moldings, etc.

James Espey
DeLorean Motor Company
Houston, Texas

281/568-9573