[DML] Re: Insurance Carriers

Insurance has been discussed on the list many other times. These same
things keep popping up.

Keep in mind that Insurance companies are regulated by STATE agencies,
not the Federal government. This means, that while a particular
insurance company, say GEICO, will insure a certain car in one state,
they may not in another due to state laws that don't allow them to
limit liabilities.

Even in the same state there will be SOME variation just between
agents. In the State Farm case that Jonathon Heslop mentioned in
another post, he is having trouble getting State Farm coverage with no
mileage limits in the state of Illinois. Others of us, myself included,
had no problems with this, also in the state of Illinois. I think that
this type of thing is just a matter of the agent knowing what sorts of
non-standard coverages are really out there. My guess is that
Jonathan's agent just isn't aware of someof these special policies.
Mine is a stated value classic car policy, I can't use it as primary
car, but I have no stated mileage limits.

My main point for this post is that it's fruitless to discuss insurance
coverage which is highly regional in nature on an international mailing
list. The majority of the answers you get just won't apply to the area
you live in.

Mark N
VIN 6820

dmc552-@xxxx wrote:
<snip> << Geico will not insure the DeLorean. >>

<snip>