[DML] Re: Insurance Carriers

Dear Richard -- GEICO was about to cancel my policy when I bought my DeLorean
(new) in 1983 from the Consolidated "fleet" in Columbus. I reminded them
that I had been a policyholder with them since 1966, and they relented. Then
they couldn't figure out what to charge me, and I wound up getting excellent
coverage for rates befitting a small Toyota (NOT that I complained!) I've
had no problems with GEICO (which also insures a Saab for me) and the rates
are as reasonable as any I've ever seen.

The bottom line: GEICO does insure D's ... but not without a battle. Maybe
you should try again. Another ploy: get statistics from the Insurance
Institute for Highway Safety regarding claims history forn the DeLorean
marque. It's a pain, but I'd bet you'd find a much better claims record than
for other cars, and that might do the trick for you. It helped in my case,
although that's many years ago.

Good luck!

Paul Feine
# 10944