[DML] New DeLorean production chronology analysis available

[DML] New DeLorean production chronology analysis available

I have updated my DMC production chronology analysis with all the new data
that has become available as a result of the recently issued DOD as well as
the data submitted over the last period to the survey (plus some additional
data obtained from other trusted sources). You can find the chronology
analysis writeup on www.dmcnews.com (there is a link at the bottom of the
front page).

The chronology analysis is an attempt to address some of the long
outstanding questions regarding the number of cars manufactured plus the mix
of interior colors and transmission types produced. It also examines the
production rate over the entire production period as well as a few other
interesting statistics. The analysis is based on the DOD survey data
collected from www.dmcnews.com and uses well known statistical methods to
estimate the characteristics of the entire DMC "population" based on the
sample subset.

The survey data used for the analysis is inconsistent with the commonly
reported number of 8583 cars being manufactured, and the sample size is
sufficient for a high degree of certainty. I would be very interested in
knowing the source of the commonly reported figure, as I have been unable to
find the source from which this figure has been derived.

If you have suggestions for other statistically robust analysis techniques
or have recommendations for areas of improvement, I always welcome
suggestions. The best way to improve the accuracy of the analysis is to
improve the accuracy and sample size for the data used in the analysis. I
will periodically revisit and update the analysis as additional data becomes
available from the survey and DOD.

Knut