[DML] License Plates

When I purchased my car, from the original owner, I noticed an extra license plate sitting on the floor.  I asked her what it was for and she said it was the front license plate, but she had never installed it as she did not want to "spoil" the looks of  her car with it on there and also did not want to drill any holes!   She had gotten away with it (our state requires a front plate) for about 15 years.  I decided to see how longI could get away with it and have made it for another almost three years.  I understand our state is trying to change the regulation so a front plate will not be required.

However if you DO want to mount one, the DeLorean Support dealers havea Stainless Steel mount that is sort of L shaped and bolts on under the front bumper area in existing holes...or you could make the same thing of some metal and bend it to that shape...paint it flat black.

When I got my plates, of course the one I wanted was gone (DMC-12).  The licensing office gal suggested I might try for the roman numeral of the same....however she said she was not allowed to tell me if it was available...she then typed in something to her computer and then turned it so I could see the screen...nice gal...It WAS available.  Otherwise I wouldhave had to wait quite a while to get the results of her "official query". I see several who are using that "Vanity Plate" number now but don't claim any originality to it!   FWIW.

Murray
Vin: 5962 Lic: DMC-XII
Washington State