[DML] Re: Driver's door does not latch

Iznodmad@xxxx wrote:

> . . . . It turns out that my drivers side door does not latch down at all!

Perhaps the DML needs a primer to help people get prompt, useful responses to their
questions. In Iznodmad's case, the primer should have warned him to mention the condition of
his door guides. My experience is that the DeLorean door design works very well, provided the
doors have door guides.

If the doors have no guides, or the guides were added after years of use without them, then
all sorts of nasty things could have happened to your latches. You may need new ones.

I thought that by the time VIN 5000 came along door guides were standard factory equipment,
but I could be wrong. Regardless, anyone having trouble with their door latch mechanism will
get a quicker answer if they mention their door guides (or lack thereof) in their post.

If you don't even know what door guides are, go to the dmcnews.com website and search the back
issues. It's a lot faster than asking online, and it's guaranteed to give you an answer.

- Mike Substelny