[DML] "D" is for "Disassembled"

Well, I finally got the chance to go down and see the disassembled D
that I asked y'all about on the list last week. It's an '81 w/a 5
speed. That's exactly what I wanted, if not exactly the condition I
wanted it in. The owner moved the car last month from the garage where
he disassembled it to a shed across the street. He used a forklift
(ouch!) to move the body shell to its new location.

After a brief bit of haggling, I nailed the price down to a very
reasonable and affordable amount. Thanks again to Greg Guillot, who
provided me with bargaining materials to help bring the price down. The
owner wouldn't take a deposit, saying it wasn't necessary as we had
shaken hands on the deal, and that should be good enough. I kind of
like that, but don't necessarily trust it. A lot can happen between a
shake of the hand and a turn of the key, you know? However, at the end
of October I will bring several bushel baskets and a rake and bring home
my new toy. =)

For all of you Pittsburgh D owners, I would appreciate if you could drop
me a line if you would be willing to help with a "bag it and tag it"
parts identification party in early November.

Also, a big thanks to everyone who responded to my earlier emails. Your
information has helped a lot.

-Dave Stragand
Pittsburgh, PA
VIN# ???? (but an '81 with a 5 speed!)