[DML] Re: Fwd: Rejected.

Darryl,

I don't doubt your sincerity with this for a minute but I do have to
disagree with you regarding the design of the Bosch K-Jetronic fuel
injection. Ferrari, Porsche, Saab, the list goes on, all used the same
design. The Volvo has the identical system down to the last banjo fitting.
There were never recalls nor a history of fires with Volvos. Now if you
suspected electrical components as the culprits in DeLorean fires I'd be
very inclined to agree with you. The suggestion that we should figure a way
to redesign the fuel system so it's idiot proof doesn't make sense to me.
Even though many of us find the DeLorean simple to work on compared to
current automobiles, it's still a complex array of components that need to
be assembled and adjusted in a specific manner to function safely and
properly. I've been an automotive engineer for over 30 years and my opinion
of the K-Jetronic system has always been extremely high. It was the ultimate
mechanical injection system until all electronic systems came along.

Bruce Benson