[DML] Re: What is this I bought?

> While in New Hampshire a few months ago, I bought a "brocheure" type of book
> Any ideas on where it came from and what its value is???
> Dave L.

What you have Dave is the original showroom sales brochure that was available
to the general public in DeLorean new car dealerships across the country.

In mint condition this brochure could bring upwards of $50. There is almost
always one for sale on eBay. One sold yesterday for $35 (Item #155016708).
I bought one last winter on eBay in absolutely mint condition for $40 for my
DeLorean literature collection. There are quite a few still available in mint
condition so one in any condition less than mint is not worth much.

The one that boggles my mind is the book, "DeLorean - Stainless Steel Illusion",
Newport Press ISBN 0-930880-09-9. I have seen this out-of-print 160 page hardback
book sell on eBay in the past for well over $300. BTW, this is an excellent book
and should be on the required reading list of any DeLorean enthusiast.

Another good publication that is still available at retail through the DeLorean
Owners Association is the 172 page paperback Brooklands Books "DeLorean Gold
Portfolio 1977-1995". This book is a collection of reprinted DeLorean articles
originally published in magazines such as Road & Track and Car & Driver. DOA
sells this book at retail on their web site for $24.95. I have seen this book
represented on eBay as "rare", "out of print", and "hard to find", and selling
for more than $50. This book should also be on your required reading list.

Another item you will frequently find on eBay is the "DMC" logo license plate.
Also represented by eBay sellers as "rare" to "extremely rare", it has also sold
for over $50. It is available new, at retail, from DeLorean Motor Company,
Houston, on their web site for $12.95!

Regards,
Ed Thompson (#6419 since 1982)