[DML] About me and my mission...

Hello list members,
First of all I receive the list in digest form, which sometimes
does not come through unless I delete a lot of old email, so I believe
I am behind by a few. Several list members have brought to my attention
that you all are suddenly wondering who I am and why I mentioned contacting
JZD, and I was told someone even asked about the odd photograph located on
my Web page index!
Handshakes all around, great to meet you, my name is David Toscano.
I own VIN4337 (81, automatic, grey interior) and have been a lifelong
automotive enthusiast. I am a "full-time" law enforcement officer and a
"leisure time" freelance journalist, usually writing about antiterrorism
training or military/police concerns. I was approached by an editor from
The Robb Report last spring and asked to put together a feature article
about the new DeLorean sports car for publication in their August, 1999,
issue special "Men and Machines." Unfortunately, JZD did not want to
release too many details too soon to the public and the article was scrapped.
I am currently working on a piece for another automotive magazine with
JZD's guidance and permission. The new article will probably not be published
until February of next year at the earliest. I will announce more details
as they unfold.
Oh, and about the photo on my Web page, I am not in it! It was taken by
an acquaintance after Mardi Gras (1995, I believe) and is the last known photo
of my friend Jean Lupre, the woman wearing the jester hat. Jean has been
missing since a few days after that shot was taken and the photo is there for
friends to recall what she looks like and in hope that someone will recognize
her.
Again my apoligies for not explaining myself earlier, and a hearty
"thank you" to all who have helped me out.

Take care,

D. Toscano