[DML] Re: Help! My car is bleeding green!

[DML] Re: Help! My car is bleeding green!

Joe,

Yup, the mirror says that I have what looks like a 1/8" hole on the water
pump, behind the pulley and facing straight down. It is the source of my
antifreeze leak.

It would appear that there are many parts that interfere with the water pump
R&R. Yuk! Not that I'm afraid of the work, I just know that the more parts
that I touch, the higher the likelihood of my breaking something else. :-)

This engine has 100k miles on it, drips oil on my garage floor (which is
keeping the antifreeze from soaking in) and blows blue smoke out the
tailpipe, particularly when started. What is really needed here is an
engine rebuild, or even a new one. Assuming, of course, that I have that
much money burning a hole in my little pocket. I just want to be able to
drive the thing, allot, and I'm thinking that an engine swap will prevent
much weeping and gnashing of teeth later. Or am I overreacting and being a
baby?

Gus