[DML] Re: Help! My car is bleeding green!

[DML] Re: Help! My car is bleeding green!

Gus,

Before you sign the death certificate for you water pump be aware that
there are two coolant hoses under the intake manifold that are connected
to the back of the pump. When these hoses leak coolant will pool at the top
of the engine block. Engine heating this coolant would explain your "slight
antifreeze-like smell".

To isolate the problem you will need to perform a cooling system pressure
test. If you don't have a tester go to your favorite auto service facility
and ask them to pressure test your cooling system.

To determine if the water pump is leaking you will need to look at the
"weep hole" which is located just behind the pulley under the underside of
the
main shaft. You will need a small mirror to see this hole..

DMC Joe / DeLorean Services / <dmcjoe@xxxx>
Web Site: <http://www.deloreanservices.com>