[DML] Re: Engines?

Mike,
WRONG !, WRONG ! WRONG!
Excuse me for being so bold, but this is a touchy subject with me. Here are
the facts. The PRV-6 B-27 began production in the mid seventies and later
was up graded to the B-28F, although manufactured for Volvo, Renault, &
Peugot 98% of these engines were installed in Volvo's. In 1979 Is was
discovered that many of the engines failed prematurely due to cam shaft
failure, so an up graded hardened cam shaft was fitted to all PRV's produce
after 79-80. Fortunately this happened prior to the DeLorean application of
these engines.

Because of the high rate of failure of the early "soft cams" the PRV
absorbed a bad reputation. Many mechanics who know the early PRV assume
that the DeLorean PRV will suffer the same fate. Not so! There are many D's
running around with mileage's exceeding 100K. Case in point, our DeLorean,
it
now has over 260K miles and still going.

The fact is that the PRV-6 installed in all DeLoreans is one of the most
reliable engines ever produced.

DMC Joe / DeLorean Services / <dmcjoe@xxxx>
Web Site: <http://www.deloreanservices.com>