[DML] Re: DMC ABUSE

At 09:43 PM 8/17/99 EDT, you wrote:
<snip>
> I am not arguing that the DeLorean can't be made into a great and
>reliable car, but that takes lots of time and MONEY. These people who brag
>that their cars have few miles and have been stored for long periods of time
>should be shot. Show me a car that has been driven and cared for by someone
>who stays on top of it's needs, and I'll put my money on it. These
so-called
>low mileage cars tend to need more attention than their selling price will
>allow.

I don't fully agree. Or, in other words there's an exception to every
rule!! My wife and I just bought an 81 with just 3500 miles on it (speedo
works and the rest of the car confirms the low mileage). The previous owner
stored it VERY well and the ONLY thing we have had to do the car
mechanically is to replace the fuel pump after I inadvertantly ran the car
out of gas.

Now, I'm not disagreeing with you altogether. A constantly driven car will
usually be a better, more reliable car to buy. But there are exceptions!

Mark N
VIN 6820