[DML] Re: DMC ABUSE

Hello to everyone out there in "D" land. This following opinion of mine is
sure to ruffle a few feathers, but more importantly, if I'm any judge of
human nature, it should win me many, many, agreeable fans who think
similarly. I have been a club member for about a year now and a DeLorean
lover since day one. Though I have yet to own one, I am seriously trying to
remedy this. My problem is that all the cars I have inquired about so far
have been grossly exaggerated as far as condition, yet carry showroom price
tags. I am not arguing that the DeLorean can't be made into a great and
reliable car, but that takes lots of time and MONEY. These people who brag
that their cars have few miles and have been stored for long periods of time
should be shot. Show me a car that has been driven and cared for by someone
who stays on top of it's needs, and I'll put my money on it. These so-called
low mileage cars tend to need more attention than their selling price will
allow. Those articles that we all enjoy reading in the magazine and on the
web site, tell of the pitfalls of these cars that have sat for years. You
must remember that since the car appeals to such a small market segment, this
greatly reduces it's potential value. The selling price, combined with the
fix up costs, should not exceed the market value. The seller is turning over
a great piece of machinery to a new and avid owner who is eager to enjoy what
you have tired of. Remember it's only my opinion. Thanks for listening.
DeLorean Wannabe!