[DML] Re: DeLorean as a daily driver?

 >The most important thing I can tell you is don't buy the first one you come
>across. Look at several cars and have them checked out thoroughly by
someone
>who understands European autos. Don't buy one with extrememly low mileage,
>ie less than 20000. I bought one with very low miles and discovered that
not
>being driven destroys a car's components faster than driving it everyday.
>Brian
>VIN 1597

I agree with Brian, do not buy the first one you find. When I bought my D,
I was surprised to find that there were so many available (on the net).
Of course you have to drive to see many, but its worth it if you have the
time. I do not, however, agree about the low milage. I purchased mine
with under 20,000 miles and drove it 5 hours to get it home without a
problem. If you find a low milage D, just make sure it has been adequately
maintained. Obviously any car that has just sat, even if it has 70,000
miles but sat for the last 10 years, is going to have problems.
My humble input,
Brian
16584

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/dmcnews