[DML] Re: DeLorean as a daily driver?

In a message dated 6/23/99 4:56:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time, LovDMC12@xxxx
writes:

<< Don't buy one with extrememly low mileage,
ie less than 20000. I bought one with very low miles and discovered that
not
being driven destroys a car's components faster than driving it everyday.

This is not true in most cases. I bought my D with about 7500 miles on the
odometer and the car looks and runs like new. Many owners have low miles but
have also maintained the car well and run it regularly to maintain its
components. I believe the most important factor is the past history and
ownership of a DeLorean. Mileage is probably the variable that can be the
most misleading. For instance alot of D's have the incorrect mileage for
many reasons such as failure of the angle drive and so on. There are D's
with 10,000 miles that can run as well as D's with 100,000 miles all
depending on how well the cars were cared for and maintained. When lookig to
buy a D learn as much as you can about the previous owner or owners and the
cars history. This can be the single most important way to avoid future
headaches

Gary W. Gore
Activities Director
DeLorean Mid Atlantic