[DML] Re: Painted DeLoreans...

Jerry1@xxxx writes:

<< From what I understand, no DeLorean ever left the factory painted. If one
did, it'd be news to me.---Dan >>

Dan,

I am not sure if this statement is true. I maybe wrong, but as I remember
there were a few cars painted by the factory. One of those cars was issued
to a member of Mr. JZD family? I maybe wrong, anyone out there with more
info on this car or the other factory painted cars?

Again, on the same type of topic but a different subject are the factory's
turbo cars. e.g. the #502. Was this car built for Mr. JZD? He did use it and
it was factory turboed. There were several others turbo cars produced
besides #502. One of the owners of the factory's turbo car didn't even know
its history when he purchased his DeLorean. (Did the seller know the
history?) So he lucked out, when he brought the pristine DeLorean, then he
found out it was a "factory" turbo, and not an after-market unit.
Incidentally, I think Rob from PJ Grady has the another "Legend."

Many older and non existing marques has troubles to keep up with their
factory's records and their production records. Since DeLorean closed it
factory in the worst way -- bankruptcy and Mr. JZD entertaining his case with
the US judicial system. I imagine they had the lost control of their
operations and records. This is why it is difficult to pin down info on
specific cars and their factory options, whether it was painted, turboed,
different engine, different interior and etc.

These cars are real with these features, but the documentation's on these
cars are difficult to pin down.

Kayo Ong
#05508
Lic 9D NY

PS Didn't Johnny Carson owned several DeLoreans and a friend of Mr. JZD?
What happened to his car or cars? Wasn't he an investor or shareholder with
the DMC? I understand his DeLorean car was issued with different
appointments from factory?

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/dmcnews