           From: "B Benson" <delornut@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. Re:  Coolant air bleed kit?
           From: MPolzin@xxxxxxx
      3. fan over-ride switch
           From: "Marvin" <marv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 08:55:02 -0800
   From: "B Benson" <delornut@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Re: Fuel Octane

I agree that 89 isn't what would be considered high octane. I can't see
any
problem using that in a combustion chamber designed for "regular" fuel.
I'm
a bit curious though why you're running the spark retarded 3 degrees. The
DeLorean spec calls for 13 degrees advanced and 10 is 3 degrees closer to
top dead center. With 89 octane fuel and your hotter ignition system why
not try
advancing to 15 degrees and see if you notice any pinging. If not, you'll
see a bit less fuel consumption and maybe a bit more power. As seasonal
temps go up you may begin to experiance some pre-detonation though so it's
a "play it by ear" thing.

Bruce Benson
vin 6870

> Am shooting 40,000 volts across a .038 plug gap. Trust me, have
> complete combustion. Will post pic of plug if you need proof.
>
> 89 is not "high" octane. IMHO compensates for all the mixing and
> tinkering gas companies do with formulation from time to time, season
> to season ("clean burning fuel").
>
> BTW: fire about 10 degrees BTC.
>
> Bill Robertson

Message: 2