  From: Louie Golden [mailto:louie@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
  Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 1:05 PM
  To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Subject: RE: [DMCForum] Re: delo tuning

  John, by an air breather do you mean the performance air filter you
sell?
Or do you mean you're in the process of making a less restrictive air box
system? I put in one of your filters last week, and while it doesn't fit
like you say, I am pleased with it. I've had K&N air filters on my other
cars before, and if nothing else they seem to make for smoother revving
engines with faster throttle response.

  Regarding an ignition tune up I couldn't agree more with what you said.
Anything over the stock 2 decade old stuff will do wonders for the car. I
replaced only the coil and the spark plugs last year on my car, and I
could
have sworn a new engine was dropped in. The car's idle smoothed out, and
it
wound up to it's redline with confidence, instead of stumbling it's way
there. It's just amazing what even the smallest ignition upgrades will do.
My little ignition upgrade changed my entire feelings about the PRV. I
actually half way like it now.

  What I hate is there are all these new goodies coming out, and I can't
decide which one I want! I've got some money saved from an internship this
semester, and it's burning a hole in my pocket on how I want to spend it
on
the DeLo lol. Should I save up for Houston's exhaust, new seatcovers,
upgrade my soundsystem, or upgrade my ignition system. Too many
toys!!! -Louie

  --- "John Hervey" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Rich, I have several phases od Power enhancement over the last 2 to
3years.

  1st was the up grade Bosch coil 25,000 volt and resistor.

  2nd I added the even the higher HP coils for more power behind the
spark.( I
  got a small break from the wholesaler Arrow Speed .)

  3rd I added the 8mm wires for better insulation and less resistance as
  get more power and spark to the plug.
  ( Build myself because of our unusual caps )

  4th was this last week I added the new and improved Mallory Ign Box = to
the
  MSD ignition performance box.I got this price because Mallory builds in
some
  % for the Pro shops to work on. They buy direct from Mallory.

  The big guy's in racing all use this equipment on there cars where they
are
  looking for 10 th's of seconds to win races.( Were looking for minuets
).
  What I'm looking for is a positive spark that won't brake down under
load
  and wires that won't short out over time. Horse power doesn't come in a
can
  so there will be some performance difference in HP, but not much for the
  standard engine. But, What's wrong with having quick and positive
response
  to the foot pedal when you floor board it or take off from a light. Now
  that's nice.Compare my price to Jegs or Summit and yall will see there
is
  very little money in this line of products.

  5th Add to the list the new less restrictive air breather. This is a big
  help.

  And a couple of other things you can do and you will be surprised as to
what
  the car will do.

  I have something else coming also :

  John Hervey

Service.

  _____

Yahoo! Groups Links

*	To visit your group on the web, go to:

*	To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: