Re: [DMCForum] Rich's ignition

Bill, I asked Darren about your funny canister next to your CPR. It's a
"fuel dampener" and was a precribed fix for poor running conditions on
Renault 30's. He doesn't know what it does though!

The vac solenoid which controls vac to the distributor is completely
pointless, and invented by comeone with 6 toes, I'm convinced. It
supposedly switches vac to the dizzy off at idle, but what it actually
does is seal off the vacuum at idle, which means the dizzy stays
advanced. When you rev the engine and drop to idle, reach down and
unplug the vac advance hose. You'll hear the dizzy advance snapping back
into place.

Martin

content22207 wrote:

>Re: timing while spark advance connected -- in theory you'd be OK *IF*
>spark advance cut off solenoid is working. If solenoid is letting
>vacuum through, car is in fact way retarded. Watch timing mark as
>throttle plates open. 13 degrees idling with full vacuum will probably
>jump past TDC as it drops.

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1693352/R=0/SIG=11tralmvc/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=6
0178293&partid=3170658> click here