Re: [doc] DeLorean for sale? 17year old driver...

Re: [doc] DeLorean for sale? 17year old driver...

Hi James,
               Sorry it appears that my info was a bit out of date on the DMC for sale
in Bristol.
The comments the other guys are making are correct. You can use up a great
deal of cash on small items that are unique to the car. You would be better
to learn everything you can about the car. This will help you when it comes
to buying one.
This is probably going to get some bad comments from other club members (I apologise in advance folks) Had you thought of a Pontiac Fiero for a first car
I looked at getting one when I first started driving. See if you can get aninsurance
quote on one.
You can get a 2.5 4 cylinder model or a 2.8 V6 GT model.
If you have seen the film Ferris Bueller's day off its the car Jennifer Gray drives.
If I remember correctly you should be able to get a 2.5  4 cylinder for £2K and a V6 for around £3-£4k. The later V6 GT model has a better shape with rear buttresses and glass infill panels.
  Its just an Idea you could use this until you can afford the DMC insurance.
It would also be good practice at maintaining/restoring. Parts are cheaper as well.
The Fiero also uses an exotic construction with plastic panels over a steel frame its also mid-engined so its an interesting car.
I hope you find this useful
Regards
Nick H