Re:[doc] Thanks!

Hi all,

a new listener from Australia. I joined the club (member 103 - only for a year). At that time (99-2k) the newsletter was thin ( most only 2 pages - the 2k editions were much better)and the item of most interest was of course vehicles for sale in the UK ( I'm after a euro rhd).

I dropped it as I could'nt justify the cost - I am unable to attend meetings etc, so my sole source of contact & info was the magazine and this was basically advertising the next events and little else.

At that time the cost to me , being outside the UK, was more than 15 ( cant insert a pound sign here ) but I cannot recallthe exact cost.

I understand that a mag takes  a lot of effort and those who attempt it must be congratulated for being involved, again being way over here I can offer little in assistance or content.

Having said all that,  Is it worth megiving it a second go? It's been a few years since I was a member, I'm sure there are more members, and as a result the contnet will relfelct that. However I notice there is no mention of outside UK membership fee anymore on the membership form

I even made it to the UK to see a vehicle in a Manchester museum - wanted 40k, offered 18k and heard nothing more.

As far as restricting the group to memberswouldn't this remove an avenue of "recruiting" new members?

Cheers,

Greg Delios

VK3-XYZ, VK3-VED