Re: Swapping Clutch on a 5 speed?

Dave - When I installed my Centerforce clutch, the assembly still had
the counterweights as a design feature. As is the case with many of
the parts that we use for this car (and others), the personal
preferences are just that. I am aware that Valeo supplied the basic
pieces, and Centerforce added to, and modified them. My understanding
was that Centerforce used pressure plate springs with a higher spring
rate, and added the counterweights to reduce the effective pedal
pressure. This, according to the literature, provided higher clamping
forces on the clutch disk without appreciably higher pedal force
requirements. If the current Centerforce parts are now identical to
the Valeo parts, but are more expensive, then you are correct ... save
your money and buy the less expensive parts. It would be interesting
to get the Centerforce version of the current story, just to see if
they are "blowing smoke". If talk of clutch configurations starts a
"holy war", we have way too much time on our hands. ;-)

Toby Peterson VIN 2248
Winged1