Re: Front lower control arm inner bushing movement

Re: Front lower control arm inner bushing movement

Knut - I feel your pain. Dave Jacobs and I are tossing around some
ideas revolving around urethane bushings. I believe that the inner
sleeve would rotate withing the urethane layer, reducing quite a bit
of the torsional stress currently suffered by the rubber in the
stock bushings. I have carefully measured the stock bushings, and
Dave is preparing to transmit our needs to a list of urethane
suppliers to see if we can generate some interest. In terms of
retaining the stock bushings, based on the geometrical constraints
of the components, the only way that comes to mind is to use Loktite
bearing adhesive during the installation of the bushings. It works
pretty well in these types of applications. The optimum
configuration would be urethane, with a grease zerk into the
interface between the inner sleeve and the urethane media. I will
give your situation some additional thought - it will require laying
under Winged1 for awhile, staring at the joint (that's my personal
style of meditation). Thank you for your insightful post.

Toby Peterson vIN 2248
Winged1

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "ksgrimsr" <knut.s.grimsrud@xxxx>