Re: [DML] Re: eBay, Auction Fraud, Scams and Swindels

Re: [DML] Re: eBay, Auction Fraud, Scams and Swindels

I agree with Vegas, though one part of this post i thought was kind of
naive.

I don't think it's fair or correct to glorify JZD's acquittal. All
things considered, he did attempt to commit unlawful acts. JZD
"knowingly and willlingly broke the law". He was lucky enough that the
manner in which he was caught was determined to be entrapment.

I would say that the case of JZD and this guy was similar in many ways.
The only real difference is that JZD got off through a legal loophole.

Jim
1537

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 21:34:54 -0000 "therealdmcvegas" <DMCVegas@xxxx>
writes:

<snip>
> And please, don't try to play the "Six degreese of Kevin Bacon" in
> an
> attempt to compare yourself to John DeLorean to gain sympathy. It
> doesn't work, and I find it totally inappropriate. John DeLorean was
> entrapped, and later aquitted. You straight out knowingly, and
> willingly broke the law.

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!