Re: Transmission conversion AT/MT

You can convert an automatic to a manual and vice-versa. The best way
to do it is with a donor car so you can get all of the nuts, bolts,
brackets, springs, etc. You will need to make a plate so you don't
have to change the frame. It is a BIG job. IMHO it is easier to
properly fix whatever problem you are having then to try to do the
conversion. A leaky automatic transmission might just need some seals.
There are some leaks that are easily fixed without removing the trans.
Make sure the level is correct as per the Workshop Manual. Too high a
level will make it leak more. If the trans is shifting well and the
fluid is nice and red and doesn't smell burnt then you might just need
some "O" rings.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757