Re: Auxillary Air Pipe(s)

If the pipe is "loose" then it may not be sealing at the "o" ring. If
the cold start valve is "loose" too that is another source of a vacuum
leak. ANY vacuum leak is bad, it reduces the ability of the ISM to
control the air going into the motor and leans the mixture measured by
the air sensor plate. To fix these leaks you will remove the intake. I
fixed a Delorean that had a loping idle, the brass ring was hanging on
the air pipe along with the "O" ring. As soon as it was fixed the idle
impoved dramatically.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757