Transmission conversion AT/MT

Hello all:

Id like to throw this out there and see where it
goes. Be gentle.

I have an automatic transmission in my D and yes
it leaks. (not bad yet). As soon as I have time I
will address this matter, but I got to thinkin... If
the AT were in such bad condition that If requires
major repairs hypothetically speaking, I for one, am a
total stranger to the AT. This is my first one. That
means big money.

The question is..............

If AT was a dealer option, then by default all
deloreans were inherently designed to be 5 speeds.
This would (in a wierd way) mean that If one were to
convert their delorean to MT from AT they would
actually be converting BACK to MT, at least from a
factory perspective.

I know this means lots of fun stuff having to
happen to do this. Has anyone here done this before?
What kind of undertaking is it.

I know the folks rebuilding the engine on the list
are probably laughing that I would call this tranny
swapout an undertaking after what theve been through
:)

Hmmm guess a clutch pedal and a shifter with all new
center console trim. T think theres a hydralic
mechanism upfront that ive not yet seen. I just have a
black cap that goes down into an empty hole. and of
course the transmission.

Share your thoughts.

thanx

jordan 11613