Update on the 81 D.

We have started to get a better idea at the problem. The car will run with gas input. IF gas is not fed to the car while it is reving (I did not do this - the owner told me this is what he did), it will die. As long as gas is being pumped into the Delorean while it is running (I'm talking a little can - not gallons at a time), it will rev and stay alive. When that little bit of gas runs out, the car flatlines. So far I have had people tell me

1. Could be the carberator needs a good cleaning

2. The fuel lines are clogged.

3. The whole fuel system needs to be taken apart and cleaned.

An interesting project to say the least; there is a garage in Mobile,AL (The car is in Pensacola, Fl) that seems to work well on the Delorean from what 1-2 Delorean owners have told me. If me and my friend (the one who built his Delorean from scratch) can't figure it out, we'll probably take it to Mobile. I hesitate to take it to any of the 5 Delorean sites in GA, TX, or CA - because I know I don't have that kind of money. Does anybody know how much those specialty Delorean-HQ'd mechanic shops charge to work on a Delorean (hourly rate)? Heh, one day at a time ;).