Re: Which way?

Clockwise to richen, counter to lean. What you're adjusting is height
of piston within fuel distributor for corresponding sensor plate
movement. Screw is on opposite side of pivot, so tightening it raises
piston higher. See pic on page D:01:05.

Go easy adjusting the thing. No BS: 1/4 turn makes big difference. See
Message #32067 for Volvo procedure.

This is bit of moot point until fuel system back to specs. Am afraid
you're looking at replacement CPR and distributor minimum. Lamda may
be toast too (won't stop engine from running, just running well. Why
don't you be first to engineer out of car -- I never had to begin with
on R30. Passed PA emissions without. You could start a trend...).
Injectors COULD just be drooling from bad CPR and distributor.

You haven't mentioned tank pickup. What is condition of baffle (check
those screens!) and connecting hose? Pump boot is probably rotten too.
I managed about 1,000 miles after purchase before my pickup system
disintegrated. Had I known then what I know now, new pickup would have
been one of my FIRST purchases. Am very pleased with John Hervey's.
Because gas is sucked from bottom of tank it has no vapor issues (and
no connecting hose issues).

After replacing all this you'd be a mad man not to add $15 fuel filter...

Bill Robertson