New master clutch problem

Hi all,

This is my first post to the list. I have recently replaced my master
clutch cylinder. Since then the pedal feels rather light until the
very end and there is maybe 1/2" travel between the clutch being
fully depressed and when it starts to engage. Also it is difficult to
get the car out of or into gear. I need to press the pedal a few times
before it will work smoothly. This was not a problem before I replaced
the master cylinder. I have checked the slave cylinder and there
doesn't seem to be any leaks. all dry. I keep checking the fluid
bottle and it doesn't seem to be going down. What gives??

Any help would be much appreciated.

Spike
VIN# 4819