RE: [DML] Re: Fuel injector cleaners in gas tank ----but wait - theres m

RE: [DML] Re: Fuel injector cleaners in gas tank ----but wait - theres more

I guess it is time for injector cleaner afficiandos to
get into this.

If, for example, (here in the states) you burn Chevron
gasoline, you are getting a bit of injector cleaner in
every tankful. Techron. Since I run turbos, I burn
the Chevron Supreme most of the time.

Then, every spring, as I prepare for my first long
trip ( minimally needing two tankfuls of gas), I put a
bottle of Techron into the tank just as I fill up for
the trip. This is because my car sits for 7 months
every winter. Even then, I do use Stabil and I run
the car once a month long enought to have the fans
come on.

I have never experienced any problems with the
injectors, seals, or any other part of the fuel system
which could in any way be due to the use of injector
cleaner.

Bottom line: Use of any product should be predicated
upon a number of factors. Blanket condemnations or
recommendations should always be taken with a grain of
salt.

No connection to Chevron - just my zwei pfennig.

Dick Ryan