Oil Pressure and Canada Show and Shine

Got back from Marv Stein's Show and Shine in London, Ontario. Great
time had by all, I'm sure. 14 cars at one point!! I had a wonderful
time and met some really great people!

Well (Just after you took the radio back from me Shannon :P ) on the
way back my oil pressure dropped considerably. About 50-60 psi at
speed and ZERO at idle.
Well I kept up with the caravan, and made our way to the point that I
split off to head home. And stopped to check my oil. Everything fine.
Engine carpartment had no sign of abnormal oil leakage (my normal bit
around some areas of the bottom of the engine). So I headed home and
made it there w/o incident.

I checked the connections of the sender and saw nothing wrong.
I bought my sender from John Hervey @ SpecialTauto. I don't know if
you have the "oem" units, John. But I 've heard they usually read too
high.... which is not the case here. MAybe it's the guage? or wiring?
How could the pressure *actually be* low. Could the pump be going
out? I would think an oil pump would either work or not, but what do
I know?

If it comes to it: when the engine is cold will removing the sender
cause the oil to leak out... or is it all down in the pan at that
point?

Any other ideas?
Thanks!!
James L 4009