Re: [DML] DeLorean Texas' High Performance Engine?

Re: [DML] DeLorean Texas' High Performance Engine?

Jay,

This has been covered before, so I'll try to be brief.

I have one of the DMC Houston engines. I think it's $4k to have your own engine
iupgraded or $6k for a modified crate engine, right? That gets you close to 200 HP
which is a damn fine HP/dollar ratio. The stock engine is about 130HP, I believe. And
you'll end up with an engine that is more-or-less stock on the outside.

Sounds like you're in CA....shipping a car to TX should be around $1200 each way
(somebody feel free to jump in here on this one). Depends on the shipper, of course.

Yes this adds up to real money eventually :-) but if you plan to drive the car
frequently, I highly recommend more HP as it makes the car far more drivable. You could
go with a turbo but I'm not a fan of forced-induction (fan? forced-induction? get
it? har har har!)

I ended up getting shocks, springs, tires, stereo, etc. to turn my car into a
daily-driver, high-performance vehicle and have spent in excess of $30k on car purchase,
repairs, and upgrades. There aren't many other sports cars out there I'd rather have,
and certainly none of those are available in this price range. You just have to ask
yourself: "Self, is it worth it?"

Gus Schlachter
VIN #4695
Austin, TX