Dirt in the Intake

Hello all:

For those of you who had seen the HOTWo I just
drew up. While doing this I noticed that the air
filter that was in the car was a bit too small for the
delorean.

Looks like a bit of gunk has clearly made its way
down into the air metering unit. The filter has been
replaced and the car runs like usual (quiet but not so
good gas economy).

How far does anyone recommend I start removing
and cleaning stuff. AMU, int.Manifold , Heads????

If I have to take the AMU off, isnt that connected
to the fuel distrub unit. If thats the case I could
swap out a cap and rotor during the cleaning

any thoughts.

thanx

Jordan Rubin #11613