Re: Contents of Oil Pan (Engine Failure)

Re: Contents of Oil Pan (Engine Failure)

Usually antifreeze in oil gets whipped into milky white foam, but you
may not have run long enough for that to happen.

Fuel smell is probably from misfires. Cylinder full of water isn't
going to burn. Will dilute oil.

Of course watery oil may just be these light weight oils everybody
seem intent on running. Didn't object last time topic was raised, but
multi viscosity oil isn't worth 2 cents. Is nothing more than 5 or 10
weight oil (can you say "3 in 1") with wonder additives and elixers.
Ever notice guys at the track run straight oil, usually 40 or 50
weight? I'm not suggesting anything that thick, but you could do worse
than 30 weight. Wonder additives don't last, especially in a harsh
environment. Rear engine PRV qualifies as harsh. Is hotter than a
baker's oven back there.

Have you pulled any spark plugs yet? One indication of leaking head
gasket is rust on electrode. Of course you may not have run engine
long enough for that to happen.

Bill Robertson