More Paint Removal

I too am considering a DeLorean that had been painted by a previous
owner. Painted not because of damage, but because he wanted his
DeLorean to be different from others. I would like to remove the
paint and do it the right way.

>From what I know, the car's stainless grain was left intact before
priming and painting. I have been considering chemical removal, but
have some concerns:

1. It would be nice to use the same paint remover for the entire car
and I don't want to risk melting the facia, disolving the resin in
the underbody, or causing chemical corrosion to the body panels or
torson bars, so which chemical paint removers (Striptease, Jasco, ...
etc.) should I consider and which ones should I avoid?

2. The paint wraps around the edges of the doors and is also on the
hinges and torson bars. Would the best method of paint removal be to
remove the doors, hinges, and torson bars from the car and treat them
separately (ie. blasting and powdercoating the hinges, stripping and
dipping the doors, and coat and wipe the torson bars by hand) or can
the paint be removed effectively with the doors remaining in place?

Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Sincerely,
Ben Ferguson
Member of the Board of Directors - American Hydrogen Association
(www.clean-air.org)
Member - Arizona DeLorean Club (www.az-d.org)
captainhydrogen@xxxx