From: billsfanmd@xxxx [mailto:billsfanmd@xxxx]
Sent: Saturday, May 31, 2003 3:10 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] delorean engines...miles or hours?

Just a curious question about automobile engines. I know the standard
way to
tell how "used" an engine is is by the mileage. On our cars since many
have
sat, had broken angle drives or had sporadic periods of use I was
wondering
other ways to tell how much use an engine has had. Just like the way the
car was
treated the past 20 years shoud be more important then 81,82 or 83 I
would
think there are other ways to help judge an engines life.

Since my brother is an avid boater they refer to an engines age by the
"hours" it has logged. Which made me wonder which is truly more
accurate, hours or
miles??? Are there ways on an engine that measure things that may be
more
important then miles? Can you tell how many hours your engine has
logged?.....
Since I have a relativley high mileage car this tells me he simply drove
it alot
and it was well maintained to do so....

MikeC
2109