Re: [DML] Fixing up a D: Is it worth it?

Re: [DML] Fixing up a D: Is it worth it?

If I could chime in here, I think it *can* be beneficial to get a "project" car to work on so long as it runs. This is what I have done for the past 2 1/2 years and even though I put a good amount of cash into the car, and even though I am selling it for perhaps less than it is worth, I still had tons of fun with the car. I just need to get rid of it because, like owners of "perfect" Deloreans sometimes have to do, I need the money right now, as well as a more practical daily driver. And in the end, my Delorean should help me with all that.

Would I buy another "project D" that runs but needs work? Maybe...the closeness that you build with a car that you are partially or rully restoring cannot be underestimated. I will probably shoot for a better condition D next time though, and make it more of a daily driver. But I wouldn't trade the past 2 1/2 years for anything, and I am not all that upset that I can't afford to keep the dream alive at the moment.

Like Macarthur said, I shall return.

Richard