Re: [DML] Digest Number 1493

Not to speak for Bob, but since I've seen the Zilla Door Launcher's
latest production model, hot off the machine shop, I'll add my 2 cents:
The engineering and design are far beyond 'a little ingenuity' that
anyone else would dedicate to producing such a mechanism. Off the
shelf parts and a loss of interest have nothing to do with the Zilla
Launcher, soon to be available on a larger scale at the Zilla website.
Since the upper section of the door panel is much easier to access than
lower, it was totally redesigned (BEFORE rushing to production) to fit
above, and the custom mounts line right up with existing attachment
points! How cool is that? Of course, electronically, it's plug and
launch! :-)
And who else would go as far as having a key remote custom molded and
cast? It's where mere function meets design excellence, and graceful integration.

I'm anxious to install a pair in my car, but I remind myself that life
can involve more than just building stuff for DeLorean enthusiasts. We
all know, first hand, the challenges that present themselves along our
journey, even if we don't make everything in our lives public knowledge.

And as they say, good things come to those who wait. :-)
Oliver Holler