RE: engine swaps and tranny questions

<<Darrell's spacer between the engine trans is about 3/4 inch. I drew it all
out to scale, it actually matches up pretty well although the clutch disc is
closer to the end of the input shaft than in the stock location.>>

Not quite true. Since I used the face of the Chevy and DeLorean flywheels as
the common reference point for all spacing measurements, the clutch disc is in
the exact same spot. I used a Centerforce DeLorean clutch so that the stock
throwout bearing, release arm, and slave cylinder work with no modification.
And the DMC pilot bearing fits in the end of the Chevy crankshaft with a simple
machined adapter ring that positions it correctly. The bellhousing spacer
ended up being about 20mm thick as I recall, but don't hold me to that as I'm
writing this from memory. Also, for the starter I used an aftermarket high-
torque unit as they don't have the typical Chevy snout which would interfere
with the DMC transmission bellhousing.

Dave called this setup "elegant". I prefer "simple". Why make things more
complicated than they have to be?

Darryl Tinnerstet
Specialty Automotive