Re: Mystery Connector II

That connector is hanging under the resistor on my car also. I have an
automatic so I can't tell you if it is used in the 5-speed till I look
at a 5-speed. There are more than just a couple of plugs that don't go
anywhere. There were probably some items that were either planned or
decided not to be used. Two things come to mind, the heated side
mirrors, and the hot start relay and the diagnostic plug. I think it
is just a case of the wiring harness being laid out early on in design
and then due to cost and production considerations some things just
don't get into production. Of course there is also the case that some
things are different between the 5-speed and the automatic. Unless you
have an electrical problem just leave the plugs alone.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757