Re: New poster, several questions

You asked a lot of questions so trying to take them 1 at a time:
Exhaust leaks not uncommon, replace seals and gaskets and missing or
broken bolts
Vibration could mean bad tires or just out of balance, try having them
done on a tire balancer that spins the tire
Alarms were not standard, a previous owner must have installed it,
best to just remove it
The shifter probably needs slight adjustment and lubrication
The lock for the rear sunshade can be repaired or replaced
This DML is the best source of currrent information, you could also
look in the archives or do a search on a specific topic
The best thing you could do would be to contact nearby owners. Go to
dmcnews.com and register on the DoD. Find nearby owners and talk to
them. You could also come to the Delorean MidAtlantic Spring Social
being held in Northern New Jersey April 26 and 27. There will be many
Deloreans there and Rob Grady of P. J. Grady will be there to answer
your questions and look over your car. [A shameless plug for our
event!] If the car has been sitting for that long remove the fuel and
refill with fresh fuel and flush the brake system and coolant with
new. In fact drain and refill all of the fluids in the car before
using it. Use Castrol DOT 4 GTLMA brake fluid and a national brand
anti-freeze for the coolant 50/50 mixture.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Aaron Townsley" <townsa@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I am a first time poster to the board, but I have been reading for
the past
> few weeks. I am sorry if tihs is going to the wrong place. It's
also a bit
> long, sorry for that too.
>
> History:
> It seems like this group is a wealth of information and I am glad to
> have found it. My father purchased a Delorean a little over a year
ago. I
> don't the vin off hand, but I am sure I can find out if anyone is
> interested. I'm a bit more email savy so I'm writing on his behalf.
The