New poster, several questions

Hi All,
I am a first time poster to the board, but I have been reading for the past
few weeks. I am sorry if tihs is going to the wrong place. It's also a bit
long, sorry for that too.

History:
It seems like this group is a wealth of information and I am glad to
have found it. My father purchased a Delorean a little over a year ago. I
don't the vin off hand, but I am sure I can find out if anyone is
interested. I'm a bit more email savy so I'm writing on his behalf. The
car was bought, driven rarely then put in a barn with a cement floor, for
apparently over a decade.

Problems:

Does anyone know a good Delorean person in the Southern Connecticut region?

The car runs fairly well, but seems to have several exhaust leaks including
the seals around the manifolds. The tires are out-of-round from sitting, so
it has a noticable virbration on the road.

The alarm act quite funny, you only have a few moments after opening the
door to put your key in the ignition, or it goes off. Were alarms standard?

Something in the manual shift seems to be off because it can be difficult to
get the car into reverse, is there a trick to it or what cold be up?

The locking mechansim for the that plastic-visor type hood thing (don't know
the name) on the back of the car was broken. I am guessing those are
expensive, but can they be replaced?

Finally, are there any magazines, parts catalogs, and general resources you
recommend besides this list (it is a great resource though)?

I know this is all over the place, but I thank you in advance for any
information you can give me. I'm in college and have a project car of my
own (1967 GTO) so I want to give my dad the best help I can. It can be an
expensive passion but the more information the more info I get the more I
can help avoid some of my more expensive mistakes : ).

Thank you!

Aaron T.
Old Saybrook, CT