Re: DeLorean in Illinois

Funny you should mention this car. I went to see it about 3 years
ago when my freind, who passes by it as he walks to the train
station, realized I was interested in Deloreans.

It was a real shame. Nothing about it was worth the effort of
restoring it. The owner had bought it when the Back to the Future
movies came out. Infact this guy bought 2 Deloreans figuring he
would see a good return on his penny when they became more
in demand. He sold one, and let this one sit and sit...

When I saw it, he was still thinking about 13k. This guy lived in a
real dream world! I spoke with the mechanic of the shop and he
pointed out all the mechanical stuff wrong with it... the entire fuel
system. Of course the interior was a mess. There was even a
birds nest in the engine bay.

The epoxy on the frame was flaking off along with rust. When the
owner came to meet me, I told him he killed this car by letting it
sit out. I gave him some numbers which tallied up over 7 grand
on parts alone.

It was realy sad.... I told him to sell it for parts. A week or 2 later is
was gone, so I'm not sure if he junked it or what, but be glad you
didn't get involved with it!

Pat
vin 5552

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, AJL521@xxxx wrote:
> Does anyone in the Chicagoland area know what ever
happened to the 82
> DeLorean that was at a repair shop in Geneva a few years
back. All this talk